Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Addition

If you read my goals list in the last post very carefully, you might have noticed baby #2 on there.

Well, apparently I'm better at this goals stuff than I realized because my 1001 days haven't even started, and I can already cross that one off my list.

Here she is:


Her name is Brother CS6000i, and I love her! I have Santa, Matt, and Matt's parents to thank for bringing her to me for Christmas.

I've always liked sewing, although I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good. I took a sewing class in high school and somehow all of my projects turned out...badly :)

I used Megan's sewing machine for a few months while we were still Utah to make some awesome baby crafts, but moving 1,200 miles away from her made me realize it was time for me to get my own.

Now that I have this great machine, I intend to expand my sewing skills and make some awesome stuff. Wish me luck!

(And speaking of Christmas, I'll post all about ours next time)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Look at you, fancy pants. :) Anytime you need sewing help, just let me know. P.S. I'm super excited for my car seat cover! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Isn't that the second time you've tried to pull that "I'm pregnant... not really" joke? :P That looks much nicer than my sewing machine! You should take a sewing class or something.

Niki said...

I am so excited for you to learn everything you can about your new machine! Maybe you can show me a few tricks when we visit?

Carly said...

Hey, I am pretty sure you can sew more than a straight line! Too bad we can't being sewing buddies close together, just far apart.