Tuesday, August 28, 2012

You Can Call Me Mama (Week 29/52)

I'm not sure of the exact day, but at some point in March Colin learned to say "daddy," although it always sounds more like "dah-ee." Well folks, the time finally came that he learned to call me mama! I think I would prefer mommy, but I'll take what I can get!

In addition, his vocabulary seems to be expanding every day. Although almost nothing comes out clearly, he is definitely associating names with objects and people.

He calls both of his grandpas "papa"
His grandma is usually just "ma"
an attempt at "gegie" for Megan (thank goodness for facetime!)

But I would say that more often then having a name for things, the sound it makes becomes the name...
vroom vroom for car
choo choo for train
woof woof (panting noise) for dog
cluck cluck for chicken

He also constantly uses the phrases "what's that?" and "it's stuck!"

And anytime he gets a diaper change or he pooped, he talks about "stinky"

Although his words are still coming and I don't always understand him, he's a pretty effective communicator without words. I love watching him learn new words and figure out how to communicate--this is definitely a fun stage!

No comments: