Monday, July 23, 2012

No Babies Here (Week 27/52)

Although I have no pictures to share, this story is definitely one I want to remember.

First of all, we are officially done with pacifiers at our house. After a week of prepping Colin by telling him he was a big boy and didn't need it anymore, last Saturday night we put him to bed without it.

He did relatively well, and has done pretty well since then, except it takes Colin a lot longer to fall asleep for his naps.

One day last week he was acting pretty tired, so I laid him down in his crib, closed the door, and went to my room across the hall, leaving my door open just a crack. I was checking my email or doing something else on my ipad when a few minutes later I hear a door open. Then a second later Colin pushed my bedroom door open and saunters on in with a big smile on his face. I laughed so hard!

He had climbed/fallen out of his crib and opened his door just because he didn't want to take his nap. He did a similar trick the next time I laid him down, but that falling part (along with one trip to time out) seems to have cured him of wanting to escape his crib since then.

But just to be on the safe side, we should probably get him a toddler bed pretty soon :)

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hahaha! Millie started something similar but we just hold the door handle until she gives up and crawls back in bed. We're mean like that :)