Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surprise!

It's been awhile since my last post, and I have lots of things I need to catch you up on, but this story is too good to postpone!

Yesterday morning I put Colin down for a nap in a t-shirt and his diaper. He talked to himself for awhile, but it was obvious he wasn't going to fall asleep because eventually he began to whine and cry. I finally went in to get him, but it wasn't until I picked him up that I realized he had taken his diaper off. And THEN I noticed there was poop on his mattress...(and if you're wondering why it took me so long to notice, it's a brown sheet :) I started cleaning him up, but it was obvious he had been playing in it because he had poop all over his legs, hands, and shirt, so Matt put him in the bath while I threw his sheet in the washer.

Colin may not be walking quite yet, but I think it's safe to say we're moving into the toddler phase around here...although I hope there's no more poop involved!

4 comments:

ejnorton said...

hee hee. the adventures have only begun! I was cleaning up poop in the bed just a few weeks ago--from Asher. How soon can I get this boy potty trained??

Niki said...

Ahhh! or Ewww! or both. Yuck. Thankfully I haven't had that same story, but my Uncle just told me my cousin Emma dug in her diaper in nursery and wiped it on some kids in class with her. Years ago of course :)

Kimberly said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm so grateful Bridget never did anything like that. Just a few months ago, I did discover that she'd been wiping boogers all over the side of her dresser though. Good thing she was old enough to have to help clean that up.

Elder Kundis said...

well, at least he didn't eat it like his uncle josh did!!!