Thursday, August 25, 2011

Decorating (Part 3)

We've lived in our house for 6 months now, and I am still slowly, but surely, working to have it all decorated and "homey" feeling. 

One of my most recent projects was curtains in our dining area. There were blinds in the window when we moved in, but they didn't work. In an attempt to be able to let more natural light in, we took down the blinds, and I sewed some cafe curtains out of white muslin to put up. The problem there is that white muslin is really boring!  So after seeing an idea for this, I bought some painter's tape and went to work.

One curtain finished, one in progress

Finished. Much better than plain white :)

This other one involved no work from me other than ordering vinyl lettering...but I think the look completes the entryway.



Until my next decorating adventure!

No comments: