Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's My Birthday!

Or rather, yesterday was, and let me tell you, it was a good one!

We recently asked our Primary kids what their favorite part of their birthday was, and every one of them said cake. I, on the other hand, enjoy the ice cream (but with the last name Tiner, I'm sure that doesn't come as much of a surprise to most of you), so we ended my birthday festivities at Coldstone.

Another great part of my birthday was meeting Millie. Most of you probably remember my post from October announcing our friends Buck and Niki found out they were having a girl in March. Unfortunately, their little girl decided to come early, and she's been in the NICU since November. Because of the strict visitor policy, we've been patiently waiting to meet her.

(You can see Millie's full story on their blog here)

And what do you know? Niki and the hospital decided to give me a great birthday present when the visitor policy changed the day before my birthday!

She got all dressed up in her new hot pink dress to meet me, and she managed to stay awake the whole time I was there. She's got adorably chubby cheeks, and she is so cute! Thanks again, Niki :)

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I had a great day!

1 comment:

Niki said...

What a FAB post! Happy Birthday Yesterday!